Tuesday, September 16, 2008

There is Help... and Hope!

During the course of several months I saw my Dad's health (emotional & physical) decline. Not only was he was sleeping poorly but he was exhibiting extreme fatigue during the day which was consequently manifesting itself in depression. Something had to be done. And so in a desperate attempt to find some help, I contacted Dr. Carlos H. Schenck and asked for a referral in our area. He recommended a Dr. Alon Y. Avidan at UCLA Medical Center.

I could go on and on and on (and on!) about our experience with Dr. Avidan, but for the sake of brevity I'll share an email I sent to to Dr. Schenck immediately upon returning home from the appointment which I believe sums things up nicely...

" Several months ago you were kind enough to give me a referral to Dr. Avidan for my father who has RBD. Yesterday we (my Father, Mother & I), finally met with him and I just wanted you to know how absolutely wonderful he was. Aside from the fact he felt he could help improve on my Father's present situation, he treated us with so much care, kindness, respect and dignity. It was truly a phenomenal experience and I just can not thank you enough for steering us to him. I'm getting married on Sat. and it was the greatest gift. We have so much to celebrate!"

And just for the record, my Dad is presently following the treatment outline prescribed by Dr. Avidan and I'm elated to report that he is doing better than he has in a very, very long time. His (and our) hope has been restored and I will never be able to thank Dr. Schenck and Dr. Avidan enough for their help, expertise and above all, kindness.

No comments: